- HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Select your experience or gift product from the search options as on the top menu bar of the home page.
- If you still can’t decide, how about a virtual cash voucher or gift certificate available from R100 - R1500? This allows your recipient to browse, select and pay based on their preference(s).
- Purchase your activity gift voucher online and pay by credit card, direct deposit or EFT. You may also call us so that we can process your order on your behalf | 0861222284
- Once payment has been received the voucher(s) are available to download from your customer profile instantly. The system will also send you an order confirmation with a separate email to include your activity gift voucher link.
- Print Voucher
- Arrange appointment directly with the operator, submit your booking online or email email@example.com
- Please familiarise yourself with our terms & conditions especially the cancellation policy and note that you are encouraged to take out your own personal liability insurance, especially when participating in potentially dangerous activities. Participation in all activities is entirely at your own risk.
- WHY WE'RE #1
- Instant electronic vouchers emailed to you on receipt of payment.
- Print vouchers from the comfort of your home or office.
- All our experiences have a 100% Safety Record.
- We’ve successfully operated since 2005, making us SA’s #1 Experience Specialist.
- Gold Star rating with eKomi, our independent review partner.
- Highly reputable/vetted operators.
- Vouchers have a credit value for 3 years from date of issue. The activity price is fixed for 6 months from date of issue.
- Exclusive experience partners to FNB eBucks, Momentum Multiply, Nedbank Greenbacks, Standard Bank UCount, Virgin Money, Absa Rewards and American Express Rewards.
- 100% Safe & Secure Shopping via our web site.
- Refunds within 14 days. | All vouchers can be refunded without charge within 14 days from date of issue.
- Exchanges | All vouchers can be exchanged without charge within four weeks from date of issue.
HOW IT WORKS
Step 1: Select a Gift Product or Experience
Step 2: The Activity Gift Voucher
Download the gift voucher from your customer profile, place in a personalised card and give to the gift recipient. Or forward the gift voucher via email to your gift recipient.
Step 3: Voucher Redemption
Step 4: Experience the ultimate!
Present your voucher to the operator/venue at time of arrival. Your voucher is proof of payment. Enjoy the experience you deserve it! What’s more is that we want to hear about it! Please send us your pictures and experience story to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're one of South Africa's earliest and longest standing online experience gifting stores; and have been giving the people of South Africa, amazing and memorable experiences since 2005. Below are a few reasons why you should choose us for your next bucket list experience, or experience gift for that someone special.
Email Customer Support: email@example.com or add us to WhatsApp and send us your query: 084 8119163.
An adrenaline surge that is un-paralleled! Experience a scenic flight over Gauteng in a vintage WWII aircraft.
General Information & History
The deHavilland D.H. 82 Tiger Moth was developed from the D.H. 60M Gipsy Moth. First flown in October of 1931, the D.H. 82 faced stiff competition to become the basic trainer for Britain’s Royal Air Force (RAF). However, after the trials were held, the Tiger Moth emerged the clear winner, with 35 of the craft being ordered. Given that the Tiger Moth had not been the easiest to fly among the competitors, with a degree of sloppiness and slowness in response to control inputs, one wonders whether the design succeeded despite or because of those factors. Some have argued that those factors highlight poor piloting technique without seriously endangering the student pilot, a process that would enable instructors to identify and correct the fledgling pilot's deficiencies early in a training program.
In any case, the Tiger Moth to this day exhibits the same flight characteristics of its early period. The first model, the D.H.82, was powered by a 120hp Gipsy III inverted inline engine, and was also sold to the air forces of Brazil, Denmark, Persia, Portugal and Sweden. An improved model, the D.H. 82A Tiger Moth II, was equipped with a Gipsy Major engine rated at 130hp, as well as structural changes that included the replacement of fabric with plywood for the rear fuselage decking, and the ability to shroud the rear cockpit for instrument flight training.
Prior to the outbreak of WWII, Tiger Moths were manufactured by deHavilland Aircraft of Canada, and under license in Norway, Portugal and Sweden. During the war, Tiger Moths were manufactured by deHavilland affiliates in Australia and New Zealand, while a winterized version, the D.H.82C was manufactured in Canada, with a 145hp Gipsy Major engine, revised cowling, enclosed, heated cockpits, wheel brakes and a tail wheel instead of a skid. Another interesting variant was the four-seat Thruxton Jackaroo, with two pairs of side-by-side seats in an enclosed cabin.
More than 8,700 Tiger Moths were eventually manufactured, with approximately 4,200 going to the Royal Air Force, where it trained thousands of pilots for World War II service, and continued to serve the post-war RAF until 1951. Now, long after its retirement from active service, the Tiger Moth is still actively delighting aircraft devotees in the UK, Canada, Australia and the US. Not very long ago, as D.H. 82 time is measured, one United States aviation magazine featured two articles, one about the Tiger Moth and its worldwide clubs, the other about an 80% scale reproduction version of the Tiger Moth in one issue. Whatever magic there is in having the wind whip by one's ears in an open cockpit, the deHavilland D.H. 82 Tiger Moth must have it in abundance, if one judges by the many aviation clubs around the world still dedicated to the aircraft.
Location | Rand Airport, Johannesburg
Availability | Flights are available throughout the year, book early to avoid disappointment.
Who | The maximum weight limit is 110 kgs.
Numbers | This flight is for one person only.
Weather | All flights are weather dependent.
What to take | Please dress warmly for the flight. Remember to take your camera to capture special memories.
Duration | This flight lasts for 30 minutes (subject to air traffic control).
Additional Information | Participation is entirely at your own risk.
- Air, Sky & Aeroplane
- For Him