The Supercar Self-Drive is a unique and exciting opportunity to experience world-class driving – and the thrill and passion of one of our superbly different exotic sports cars for less than the cost of one standard rental. The Supercar Self-Drive puts you behind the wheel of some of the world’s most exhilarating automobiles.
Your exciting experience includes the following –
- Drive one of the vehicles from among our stunning collection of the world’s greatest automobiles, including either a Lotus Exige, A F360 Ferrari, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Porsche Boxter or a Nissan GTR.
- You will drive a total of 80 kilometers enjoying some of the best roads in the area.
- You will learn about the specifics of the Supercar before you drive.
- The Prestigious Driving Academy will give you a complete overview of the vehicle.
The day’s program is as follows –
- Your day starts where you will meet the Driving Academy team at your designated point after you have chosen a driving route.
- We then gather for a short safety presentation during which we introduce the Supercar Club staff, outline the Rules of the Road, give an overview of the vehicle you’ll be driving, and answer any SuperCar Self-Drive Experience questions.
- Then it’s time for an overview of the car. You will be taken step by step through the vehicle you’ll be driving and make sure that you are fully comfortable and at ease to execute safe operation of the Supercar.
- The different characteristics of each vehicle i.e. How to change gears and where the parking brake is.
- Then it’s time to hit the road. You’ll get behind the wheel and embark on a heart-stopping 80 Kilometer route through the area’s best highways, byways, and local roads South Africa has to offer, where you will enjoy your SuperCar Self-Drive Experience.
One thing is for certain…. This will be a day of driving you will never forget!
Location: Randpark Ridge, Johannesburg.
Availability: Available to book 7 days per week (subject to availability).
Who: All clients must have a valid South African driver’s license.
Numbers: This SuperCar Self-Drive Experience is for one person with an experienced driving instructor. A total of 4 cars are available. Maximum group size of 4 can be accommodated.
Weather: Apart from hurricane weather, self-drives take place in all weather conditions.
What to take: Please wear thin soled shoes so that you can feel the pedals which are slimmer than in ‘normal’ vehicles.
Duration: Allow 2 – 3 hours for this experience.
- Whilst on the SuperCar Self-Drive Experience, the candidate is not able to drive safely; the Driving Academy reserves the right to limit them to enjoy the experience as passenger only.
- These self-drives will be available in Cape Town and Durban in the near future and will require a minimum of 4 clients per day, for at least 7 days. Group packages are also offered. Feel free to discuss group packages with us and you can experience the thrill of all of the cars with your friends.
- It is important for clients to know that this is not a racetrack experience. Herein we focus on experiencing a supercar in everyday situations on the public road, from sitting in traffic to driving on the open road. We do not condone in any form hooliganism and/or irresponsible driving. The clients are allowed to experience the vehicle, but the instructor (who is always in the vehicle) enforces a high level of control. This keeps the event both hugely entertaining as well as safe. The Driving Academy carries a flawless safety record and endeavors tirelessly to keep it that way.
- Participation is at the clients risk.
This experience is available to book via http://www.celestialgifts.co.za/
Follow everything experiential via http://www.facebook.com/celestialgiftexperiences
Prepared for by Odette Butcher, Chief Experience Officer, Celestial Gift Experiences