Create the Ultimate Bucket List
& make your dreams come true
Life is made to be enjoyed and a bucket list is the perfect tool to help you keep track of all the experiences that would make your life worth living. Don’t know where to start? Let the Bucket List Genie show you how!
It all starts with creating a bucket list. Here’s how:
Find a Place to Keep Your Bucket List
Everyone has their own unique way of doing things. Some of us are attached to an old dog-eared journal, while others like to work “in the cloud”. Either way, the first step to creating your bucket list, is to find a place where you can create your bucket list. Some of the best places to do this, include:
- An old journal
- A Google Sheet
- A note on your phone
- A slideshow on your computer
- A vision board on the wall
Whatever you do, use lot of colour, pictures and symbols to help you truly feel your words.
The key to successfully manifesting your bucket list, is to remove all limits. You can’t brainstorm a truly fabulous bucket list when you have self-imposed limitations. Prepare yourself mentally first:
- If you’re struggling to focus, first meditate or take a few deep breaths.
- Get yourself inspired by listening to music that puts you in a good frame of mind.
Create a Draft
You probably already have a few ideas of things you’d like to achieve. Fold a piece of paper into two sections, and write the following headers:
- Personal Development Goals
- Adventure Goals
Now set a timer for 5 minutes, and in that time, write like crazy. Don’t put your pen down and don’t stop – just write, write, write – as fast as you can. Use abbreviations for now.
Add to your list
Now that you have written down a few items, you’re bound to come up with more things you’d like to do or achieve. Let’s jog your memory:
- Which far-off places would you like to visit?
- What sights would you love to see?
- What skills would you like to develop?
- Who would you love to have dinner with, and where?
- What would be the ultimate place for you to take a selfie?
- What would your dream date be?
- What fears would you love to conquer?
- If money was no issues, how would you spend your day?
- Which part of South Africa have you not yet seen?
- What would your ideal holiday be?
- Would you like to learn to make or do something?
- What new hobbies would you like to try?
Refine your bucket list
Now that you have many bucket list items, you can organise it into your chosen format. Here you can write a short sentence, draw or paste a picture, or even create a paragraph with more detail about each item.
Once you have a bucket list, your mind will be on a constant looking for more experiences. Add them to your list.
Finally, you will want to start small. Find the first three items that are most easily achievable and set a timeline by when you want to achieve those goals. Now set about achieving them. That will start you on the path to a life of incredible experiences, adventure and memories that will bring you incredible joy.