“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ― Dr. Seuss. When you find the love of your life, you should hold onto them and never let them go. Or as Beyonce put it, “If you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it”. So, you might be looking for things to do to create the perfect proposal…
A quick online search will provide you with many creative proposal ideas:
● Buy your love a new puppy and tie a ring or note to its leash.
● Write a note on beach sand and take your love for a walk.
● Take out a spot in the newspaper.
● Visit the place where you had your first date and propose there.
● Propose at New Year, when the clock strikes, 3…2…1!
● Do a treasure hunt that leads to a romantic setting.
● Write a song or poem for your love.
● Wait at the finish line.
● Spell out your proposal using fridge magnets.
All these marriage proposal ideas are cute, if not a tad cheesy. Let’s look at what goes into a perfect proposal that’s bound to secure the answer you’re looking for:
1. Privacy – unless you don’t mind showing off your special moment.
2. A great setting – perhaps not when you’re sweaty after running a marathon.
3. Connection – you want it to be intimate, spontaneous and romantic.
Talk about pressure! You’re trying to impress your love, but as you know, it’s often difficult to think straight when you’re under pressure… The good news is that the Bucket List Genie has scoured all of South Africa to help you find the most romantic proposal ideas. Here are a few:
Romantic Ideas (even if you’re not proposing!)
Unique Proposal Ideas
● Dinner theatre and overnight for two
● Penthouse French Affair getaway
● Magical date night gondola ride
● Secluded night picnic and overnight
● Helicopter flight and fine dining experience
●Outdoor Movie Night At Home
Unique Places to Propose
The romantic banquet on a blanket comes complete with a photo shoot in the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens, which combines two important aspects to help you remember the day everything changed.
Another amazing outdoor proposal idea is a mountain top picnic on the Harties Cableway.
Outdoor proposal ideas include a horse ride and romantic picnic, or you could propose while glamping in a wigwam with an outdoor hot tub in Paternoster.
With so many options to choose from, you will be spoiled for choice, and your love is bound to say YES!