Explore Magaliesberg and experience the wind in your hair in a hot air balloon ride. With African luxury hot air ballooning packages, enjoy a world-class experience. Be sure to have binoculars and a camera for hot balloon rides.
Hot air balloon day begins before sunrise. Before exploring the Cradle of Humankind in Magaliesberg, you will meet the hot air balloon team at the Kloofzicht Lodge. At the lodge you can enjoy refreshments prior to your hot balloon ride.
Following a briefing, watch the hot air balloon get ready for an hour-long flight. It will be exciting as you board the hot air balloon ride and start floating away. You will see the Magaliesberg Mountains and game roaming from a birds-eye view.
Once your hot air balloon lands, you can enjoy sparkling wine and orange juice. Your hot air balloon flight will be followed by breakfast at the Kloofzicht Lodge, and a souvenir certificate.
Cradle of Mankind: Earth’s Longest History
Even if you have no interest in your genetic heritage, there is much to discover at the Cradle of mankind. The Cradle of Humankind, a perfect weekend getaway, takes you back to the start of life itself.
The Cradle of Humankind is a prehistoric site situated about 50 kilometers northwest of Johannesburg. Interesting features of the cradle of mankind include:
- Home to more than 40% of all human ancestor fossils
- World heritage site since 1999
- Covers 47000 hectares
- Features limestone caves
- Contains a dozen dolomitic limestone caves
- Animals, plants, and early human fossils
- 3 billion years ago, dolomite caves began as coral reefs growing in a shallow sea.
Plenty To Do Before Hot Air Balloon Rides
Check out the Dietmar Wiening Gallery and see bronze sculptures of birds and marine life. Overnight stays are possible. The Glenburn Lodge & Spa is ideal for family vacations and business functions.
During the Malapa Fossil Tour, experience a game drive in the private reserve. Next, explore the Gladysvale Caves and fossil dig at Malapa.
Next visit the Sterkfontein Caves in Maropeng. The visitor center in Maropeng caters to children, but is informative. You can walk, climb, bend, and crawl in the Sterkfontein caves.
Additionally, riding a Ural sidecar is an enjoyable way to see the countryside. The Cradle day tour takes about five hours and includes a breakfast buffet. In the evening, you can stargaze from the rooftop of the Maropeng Hotel.
Hot Air Balloon Ride Accommodations
Staying in amazing hotels will enable you to wake up ready to fly in a hot air balloon.
- The Cradle Boutique Hotel offers wooden cabin accommodations with stylish interiors.
- The Cradle Valley Guest Lodge features a farm-style atmosphere. The Cradle Valley Guest Lodge consists of 12 stylish, decorated bedrooms with patios.
- The Kloofzicht Lodge & Spa is surrounded by dams beneath the Zwartkop Mountain range. On the trails in the reserve, you can find impala, eland, and kudu.
- The Forum Homini Hotel stylishly reflects the caves from which humankind emerged.
Wear comfortable shoes and clothing that will be practical for your hot air balloon ride. A visit to Cradle of Mankind will be a unique, world-class experience.